Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lost, episode 6-8, "Recon" - Theme Song!

Theme Song!






For posterity: That's "Tom Sawyer" by Rush.

Sometimes, a theme song just comes to me while I'm watching the episode, but this time, although a few songs occurred to me after the episode, it took days for one to feel right. I finally thought of "Tom Sawyer" on Friday night, but I failed to make note of it. So, of course I forgot it, early Saturday morning. I dug through Jacob's my endless lists trying to find the right song.

So let's flash back to this entry as originally posted...

Since Tuesday, I've been playing with Alan O'Day's "Undercover Angel," and Johnny Rivers "Secret Agent Man," but neither of them felt right for this Sawyer-centric episode. In the end, I said, "Phuket. I'll let the man sing for himself."



For posterity: The above is a clip from Lost, 3-9, "Stranger In a Strange Land" -- Sawyer, sings "Show Me the Way to Go Home" on the outrigger, as he, Kate and an unconscious Karl sail back to Craphole from Hydra Island.

That clip was too short for my taste, and the only clip I can find of the "Show Me the Way to Go Home" scene from Jaws is not embeddable, so finally, I decided on this, instead:



For posterity: The above is the music video for "Stuck In the Middle with You," by Stealers Wheels.

Faucke to the left of him, Widmore to the right, here James is, stuck in the middle with Kate.


And now let's flash forward to the present...

Boston, Saturday, March 20, 2010, 11:06 AM: I think "Tom Sawyer" has it all over the others. What about you? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment